What is self-care? We hear about it all the time, but do we know what it means and how to use it in our lives? Self-care is sometimes misrepresented as just bubble baths and scented candles (don’t get us wrong, we love a nice hot bath!) But self-care is crucial for a healthy, thriving life because it’s all about simple habits. Incorporate some of these ideas into your existing routine, and you can start to see a positive impact today!
- Boost your favourite meals with a fresh salad or fruit smoothie.
- Keep a water bottle beside you throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Utilize your phone’s downtime or bedtime functions to help you wind down at night.
- Reach out with a call or text to a trusted friend when you feel overwhelmed or anxious.
- Step outside for some fresh air. Just five minutes on your balcony or a 15 minute walk.
Self-care doesn’t have to be flashy or fancy, and it isn’t always exciting! But it will help you work towards a healthier life – emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually. Self-care can feel harder during a pandemic and lockdowns, because so much in life requires more energy than normal. But it shouldn’t be a burden, so always start small.
And remember: you can always reach out to us at mosaicHouse as part of your self-care. We’re here to listen, encourage, connect, and pray with you. Follow the link in our bio and click “CONNECT” at the top of our website. Or send us a DM on Instagram – we’d love to chat!