The holidays are upon us, and that means that there are a plethora of meals to plan, presents to buy, and charities to support. But wait! Before you get caught up in all of the “things to do” that accompany the season, be sure to plan a bit of fun – especially if you have children in your life. From festivals to Santa sightings, here is our countdown of the top 7 places to head with the young ones in Edmonton at Christmastime.
7. The Polar Express: PJ Party: children can don their jammies and watch the holiday film at the TELUS World of Science on the weekends.
6. Festival of Trees Family Night: Head to the Edmonton Convention Centre for an evening of family events during the Festival of Trees.
5. Santa’s Workshop at Silver Cove: A kid-friendly shopping day is what is in store for children who head to Santa’s Workshop.
4. Edmonton Santa Shuffle: Adults can shuffle in this annual 5k Fun Run while the kiddos participate in the 1km Elf Walk.
3. A Christmas Carol: this show is recommended for those 7 and up, it’s packed with familiar Christmas tunes
2. Family Christmas Party: Kids can decorate cookies, have their photo taken with Santa, and meet the day’s special guests – Anna and Elsa! This event is free, although they are accepting donations of Christmas hampers for needy families, and an RSVP is encouraged.
1. Christmas Glow Edmonton: Adults and kids alike will enjoy light displays, live entertainment, and interactive hanging lights that make the perfect backdrop for an adorable photo.
Head over to https://www.glowgardens.com/edmonton-christmas/top-7-holiday-things-to-do-with-kids-in-edmonton/
to learn more about these activities.